The WOTAN® S3I in its configuration as WOTAN® S3I-F is suitable for high-precision cylindrical grinding to process internal diameters of chuck parts with a swing diameter of up to 400mm and a workpiece length of 400mm that are clamped on one side only (“flying”) without additional support – especially suitable for grinding internal front surfaces as well as internal diameters.
As an alternative, the machine can be configured with an extended work area as WOTAN® S3I-L. This version makes it possible to process shaft-type components with a legth of up to 750mm and a diameter of up to 250mm, apart from chuck parts clamped on one side only, for which, due to their geometry, a steady rest needs to be added.
Since time is always important, we rely on our optimised procedures: Our powerful drives ensure a quick availability with additional work and peripheral modules reducing costly non-productive times. You stand to benefit from this through reduced cycle times, greater throughput and more satisfied customers.
- Machining of chuck and shaft-shaped parts (steady-rest guided)
- Internal cylinder/ cone, internal polygons, internal screw threads and more
- Up to 4 applicable internal grinding tools (fixed on B2 axis)
- High rigidity through the use of cast beds / Hydropol beds
- WOP-TouchTM user interface
For #cylinder #taper #polygon #thread #eccentric
For somewhat larger components, our WOTAN® S6I is also suitable. For even more machining possibilities we offer the universal cylindrical grinding machines WOTAN® S3U and WOTAN® S6U.
without longitudinal adjustment
with longitudinal adjustment of the workpiece spindle headstock
Tool round table
Direct drive/ external drive with 0.00005°
With up to 4 tool positions
Workpiece mandrel drive
Rolling bearing, belt drive without measuring system
Rolling bearing, direct drive with measuring system as C‑axis
Hydrostatic bearing, direct drive with measuring system as C‑axis
- Revolver headstock with up to 4 internal grinding mandrels
- Workpiece headstock with B axis
- Work headstock with high resolution C‑axis
- Centre-zero feeler
- Fixed and/or powered dressing tools
- Pre-process measurement (detect position of part and set zero point)
- Post-process measurement (determine ø, check distances, set new zero point, etc.)
- Coolant preparation
- Motor cooling
- Remote maintenance
- and much more